Tuesday, February 21, 2017

50 Questions-Sakura

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I have to say I am like a 36 year old haha. I like to stay in instead of going out, I enjoy crochet and watching British comedy shows all night and already anticipate becoming a crazy cat lady.

  1. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Failing sucks for a while but I know personally I hate the feeling of ‘what if?’. So, never trying feels the worst.
  2. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Obligation?
  3. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Very much so. Unfortunately.
  4. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Inequality.
  5. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Patting cats :P
  6. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Settling. At the moment I am yet to discover what I am passionate about.
  7. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would say ‘no’ less to opportunities.
  8. To what degree have you controlled the course your life has taken? I feel like I should know what to do, but I don’t. I am at a point where I need to take control but I don’t know what to direct myself towards.
  9. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Ooohhh hmm. Doing things right. I would hope that they’d align with ‘the right thing’.
  10. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? Point out their good qualities to prove them wrong.

  11. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Enjoy your childhood, and don’t take anything for granted.
  12. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I’d be tempted.
  13. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? No? Unless you mean how in my mum’s messy house I started looking at pinterest for ways to organize it :P
  14. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Organize my cutlery drawer. I put the order as fork, knife, spoon. Everyone else seems to do it differently :P

  15. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? I find spending time alone and watching tv or writing a letter makes me happy but other people have different hobbies, and tendencies. That’s okay. ☺
  16. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? I really want to get my licence, but I cannot afford lessons and my Mum is only just thinking of starting to give me lessons herself.
  17. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? There is a girl who used to bully and abuse me as a child (she was about 4 years older) and really hurt me for years and years and when I tried to reach out to her about it when we were adults she claimed she doesn’t remember. I am still holding on to it because she won’t admit the wrong she did to me.
  18. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?  I would move back to Wellington, I miss the culture and life I had there, I am happy enough here, but it isn’t the same. It sucks how I can’t drive yet so I feel a bit reliant on others.
  19. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No I don’t but sometimes if I am anxious (or late) to something at a road crossing I will press the pedestrian crossing button multiple times haha. I think everyone does it sometimes ;)

  20. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton haha.
  21. Why are you, you? Because of every action I have made and because of the impact of all the people around me.
  22. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I have thought about this one before. Sometimes I find myself thinking, oh my goodness I shouldn’t have said that, I would hate if someone said that to me in that tone etc. I could be a much much better friend.
  23. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? The second one. I feel like then it would be a fault of my own.
  24. What are you most grateful for? My parents (I suppose that is ‘who’).
  25. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Oh this is hard, lose my old memories?
  26. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? uhhhhhh
  27. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Nope. My family are all still alive.
  28. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? Yes. The situation – no, but the strength from the situation that I got does matter.
  29. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? I have to admit, I am not sure. I have been sitting here for a while trying to think of it, but I can’t.
  30. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? At the end of high school I felt like I knew where I was going and then it turned out I didn’t.
  31. If not now, then when?  Uhhh??
  32. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I feel like these questions are just addressing my anxiety now :P
  33. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yess, my best friend and I can be like this. So happy in each other’s company.
  34. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Someone somewhere says or does the wrong thing and it spirals out of control.
  35. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Only by using a magic eight ball. No. Everything is open to interpretation.
  36. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? I have no job, but if I did, and I was very unhappy, then yes I would.
  37. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? more work I actually enjoy doing
  38. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes :/
  39. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Sounds like beginning university.
  40. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My parents and siblings

  41. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No
  42. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? I feel like when you are truly living you are experiencing new things and exploring the world.
  43. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Uhhhhhhhhhh
  44. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
    Because sometimes we feel we aren’t prepared for the struggle or pain that may come from the mistake itself.
  45. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I wouldn’t shave my facial hair from PCOS.
  46. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Just now, haha. No, this afternoon when I was doing some gardening and was getting quite tired.
  47. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
    I love my parents. I did some of their gardening and built some kitset stuff for them that they’d never gotten around to.

  48. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? I have done nothing of note in the last few days unfortunately.
  49. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Actually I feel like I am making them for myself but I know that how others would feel to the outcome plays in to what ‘I’ want.

No comments:

Post a Comment