Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Would You Rather? Round 5 -- SamsStuff

  1. Would you rather be poor and work at a job you love, or rich and work at a job you hate? Having worked at jobs I hate, for most of my life, but having to still be poor, I would like for all that hard work to actually pay off. I know that there is satisfaction to working at a job you love, but it is dissatisfying, after little to no time, to work hard, whether or not you love the job & receive little in return.
  2. Would you rather have your flight delayed by 8 hours or lose your luggage? I'm very uncomfortable with airport delays, but I wouldn't want to spend a large portion of a trip replacing things that were lost, so I would probably prefer the delay.
  3. Would you rather be in your pajamas or a suit all day? Pajamas would be more comfortable, but after awhile I'd want to get dressed. There is a feeling of confidence that comes with wearing a suit, so I'd probably choose the suit.
  4. Would you rather have your first child when you are 18 or 40? Well, having had a child at 34, I learned that at an older age, you are more prepared, but have less energy. I think I'd still prefer having a child at an older age.
  5. Would you rather be the star player on a losing basketball team or ride the bench on a winning one? I think I'd rather be a star player on a losing team. What's the point of even joining a team, if you're not going to play?
  6. Would you rather spend the next year exempt from all taxes or have a one-month paid vacation? Probably the one month paid vacation.
  7. Would you rather have the best house in a bad neighborhood or the worst house in a good neighborhood? I'd rather have the worst house in a good neighborhood. In most cases, it would be easier to improve the house than the neighborhood.
  8. Would you rather be filthy rich and live 400 years ago or be poor but live today? Probably, be poor, but live today. We romanticize the past, but even the very rich 400 years ago didn't have the conveniences we have today.
  9. Would you rather be gossiped about or never talked about at all? It's easier to not be talked about at all than to be gossiped about, people can get things so wrong when they gossip.
  10. Would you rather end hunger or hatred? While ending hunger would go a long way towards ending hatred, by ending hatred first, you could more easily end hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment